Monday 1 February 2016

Happy Tenth Birthday

It is a very special day today. One of my beautiful nephews (I have four, all equally as gorgeous!) has a momentous birthday. Today he turns ten. It is extra momentous to me as it made me realise that it is ten years since I was commissioned to write my first book, Easy Baby Knits. How do I know this? Because little Finley, who is not so little today, was a beautiful baby model for it. Only six months old at the time of the photoshoot and with the brightest smile you have ever seen. All the people at the shoot commented on what a happy baby he was and said that the old adage 'Never Work with Children...' definitely didn't apply to him! Hence, there is quite a lot of him in the book!
Anyway, in a lovely coincidence, nine years after it was finally released in 2007, Easy Baby Knits has just excitingly been reprinted with a fresh new cover. And guess who the new cover model is? My gorgeous Finley. Happy Birthday beautiful boy and thank you my lovely for being the smiliest model I ever did see.

2 comments:

Red Sparrow Crochet said...

What a sweet story and oh he is adorable!! What a gorgeous smile. Incredible how they go from little babes to big 10 year-olds so quickly isn't it? My 'baby' will turn 10 this year too... wow...!

claire montgomerie said...

So glad I am not just biased :)
yes - too scary my lovely!! It seems such a milestone year!