Saturday 24 October 2009

sew quick


I am growing in confidence with my sewing thanks to the new fabric I bought at the Stitch and Knit show. I surprised myself by whipping up two cushion covers in less than 30 minutes last night. Admittedly they aren't perfect, but they look just fabulous to me.
I have also begun a slouchy tee, so keep your eyes peeled for that, as I am really looking forward to finishing it, although I am going to take my time with the sewing and make sure I get it just right. Fingers crossed.

4 comments:

Georgina said...

Gorgeous fabric! A slouchy tee sounds challenging - is it very stretchy fabric??

claire montgomerie said...

It is a wool cashmere jersey, so very stretchy - but was only £5 a metre. bargain. so i have enough to have a few gos if I muck it up!

juju said...

Yeah Clare! They look gorgeous. Mine is hoping to be transformed into a tunic this week! It's sitting on my work table smiling at me.

claire montgomerie said...

ooo, can't wait to see the tunic juju, let me know when it is done!