Sunday 23 August 2009

making the most of the summer



It is still the summer hols from my work at the college, so I have been making the most of it by getting out and about in town, seeing exhibitions, enjoying the weather and knitting on the bus on my way round.

This week I saw the latest offering from Contemporary Applied Arts in Percy Street, Inner Voice. Some very interesting and intricate jewellery pieces were on show and I particularly liked Helen Carnac's recycled pieces, embellished with hand sewing and drawing.

On the bus I have been trying my hand at double knitting, a way of stranding multicoloured knitting to get a reversible fabric. I adore the final, double-warm, squishy fabric it produces but, oh my, it is so time consuming. I think I manage about one or two lines per bus journey.

It is part of my new Autumn range so here is a sneak peak of some of the colours you can expect.

No comments: