Friday 14 November 2008

yarn forward

I have been incredibly busy recently trying to finish my new book by the deadlines, so haven't had much time to sleep, let alone write new posts, but I had to pop up a quick note to say that I was mightily cheered by a glimpse at the new Yarn Forward today. One of my designs has made the cover! It is a very cute little fairisle tank, even if I do say so myself. After a brief thumb through at a quiet moment in loop, I feel that I must say that the magazine is going from strength to strength. The articles and patterns this month are really great, I am going to have to pencil in an hour or two to read it properly.......!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Love your tank top although it won't suit me unfortunately (too much of a plus size). I've got a design in this issue too. It's exciting seeig your design in print isn't it.

claire montgomerie said...

thank you! and your pattern is beautiful. it is lovely to see it all styled up, isnt it. it takes the project away from the design process and hard work and makes it seem new and fresh to me, almost like it is somebody else's design. its great!

craftyclaire said...

I looked at Yarn Forward yesterday in Borders, I'd gone there for Sew Hip! And I loved that tank top. I'm v tempted to go back and buy the magazine! Not sure when I'll get time to knit it though!

claire montgomerie said...

isn't that just the whole problem with knitting....too many patterns not enough time!! glad you liked the tank.